Slight oil leak

Moderator: Moderators

Andrewsamson
My Bike: Zxr400 L9 1999

Slight oil leak

Post by Andrewsamson »

So for some reason I notice 1-2 oil spots on the floor and when I opened up the fender I noticed two spots that look very much oil leaks, one with the oil radiator pipe and one I near the clutch cable, I tried attached two picture for clarification but I’m getting an error, can someone help me attached these pictures

Can anyone help me out please ?
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: Slight oil leak

Post by banner001 »

For pictures it's best to get a Flickr account and then use the link from them on here, it's how I do all of mine.

As for the oil leak, it can only be a few places, rocker cover, oil cooler and pipes, spark plug tubes, side cover gaskets.

If you can, get the fairings off, clean the engine and then fire it up, give it some solid revs to build up pressure and then either visually check for leaks, or wait till everything has cooled off and blow talc over the parts above to check for leaks.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
Andrewsamson
My Bike: Zxr400 L9 1999

Re: Slight oil leak

Post by Andrewsamson »

Solid idea, from where I can see and feel I see fresh oil for my he oil radiator pip and fresh oil on the clutch wire so I’m assuming it’s the clutch cover seal and the pip but I will try that talc idea too