First post from new arrival

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

petorius
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

First post from new arrival

Post by petorius »

Just wanted to say hello, recently joined and have to say this forum is an excellent resource. Only just skimmed through but hope to look more closely when I have a moment.

Sort of here by accident, I have a classic 1972, 350 Honda race bike but having recently moved house coupled to a million other things it is yet to have an outing this year, added to the fact racing seems to be such a huge logistical exercise I have decided to sell this along with my beloved Triumph Scrambler road bike. The ZXR is a compromise bike I guess to use for track days and when I need to road ride but looking forward to riding it, hopefully giving me an easy life.

The bike I bought is an L9 with low miles but needs a little fettling. I want to get the valve clearances done and sort out the sticky callipers along with some general bits and pieces before taking it out and will have to change the rather grotesque (in my view) period paint job but that can wait until the winter.

Being rather older I dare say than most owners I can remember first seeing the first ZXR 400’s in Gitane blue and thinking how much I liked then I really liked the small but proportioned size and colour.

Anyway here I am another convert.

Mark
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: First post from new arrival

Post by cargo »

goodpost

Good to see a proper introduction :smt023

wlcum
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Hello and welcome.
Dr Doalot
My Bike: Ducati 996

Post by Dr Doalot »

I bought one of those beautiful gitane blue ZXR's from new and wanted another one but the "can't wait won't wait" attitude meant I got a green one a year ago to play on

Still want a blue one...