New from Suffolk

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

TwoWheelsSuffolk
My Bike: ZXR400-L9

New from Suffolk

Post by TwoWheelsSuffolk »

Hi all, almost finished fettling my L9 I bought last year. A few carb issues to sort out (balancing) but otherwise good to go and seek that MoT ticket. I’ve also a ZXR750L2 - I like most things two wheels but have a particular penchant for 90s Kwaks… :smt002
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: New from Suffolk

Post by banner001 »

Always good to get another 400 back on the road!
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
TwoWheelsSuffolk
My Bike: ZXR400-L9

Re: New from Suffolk

Post by TwoWheelsSuffolk »

Well, got the ZXR back on the road, carbs sorted (I think) including my first go at balancing them, and got it through the MOT. Headlight was a tad high, but the very helpful tester provided a screwdriver and he adjusted it there and then 😬.

I think it could benefit from being setup - tuned - on a rolling road. Very fluffy when warmed up and doesn’t like low speeds and stop/start traffic. Think it could also need the valves/shims looking at? Will tackle that over the winter, I think, along with fitting new braided brake lines and overhauling the callipers. 🤨.

And re tuning - I’ve got to find a rolling road service somewhere - thin on the ground in these parts it seems 😩! Local dealer reckons there might be mobile servicing advertising their wares at the Copdock bike show this coming Sunday. So will investigate then…if I make it 🙂.

I would attach a photo but I’m being told jpeg is an invalid extension. My ‘social media’ IT skills are a little limited…😆