lock wire ajnd racing setup info required

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Highlander
My Bike: tomos moped

lock wire ajnd racing setup info required

Post by Highlander »

hi,

need some help....

Ok, need to lockwire the following -

oil filler - easy enough drill a hole through the plastic
oil filter - ??? can you just titghtly wrap a bit of lockwire round it then attach to something...???
sump plug - how do you lockwire a sump plug???
transponder - ??? where can I get one ???

I have my training day in two weeks time to get my licence signed off and ready for racing, but I need to have these things done to my bike for the race......

think ivve covered everything else, oh, yeah just waiting for my race plastics from BB plastics, but im running a race oil cooler which is larger than the standard one fittind to a zxr, so im wondering whether the plastics will fit.... guess will have to wait and see...

any other info would be good, in case ive missed something....

Cheers
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by sloweracing »

Filler plug as you said just drill a hole through the plastic

Oil filter one big jubile clip around the outside of the filter then rap lockwire on to the clip then onto the frame or rad

Sorry but the sump plug is the hardest you will need to take off then drill a small hole then lock wire you could take it to some one put in a vice then drill a hole with a small drill bit where the socket go over the thread drill hole

Transponder buy or hire one (http://www.mylaps.com) is the transponder we use

The plastics should be okay Barrys plastic's are good

Have fun might help :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: