Moderator: Moderators

CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Re: Lads.....

Post by CaNsA »

Nuts of steel For the Fkin Win matey

Glad ur alright, and i would take her to the cleaners, well out of order and im surprised she can dress herself in the morning let alone drive a car.

Keep us posted on what happens.

For Gem,

Get back on the on bike buddy. How long have you been riding knowing that this could potentially happen to you?
Ive seen a dude on a Blade Thou go straight into the side of a peugot (?), that jumped the lights, and walk away. it hasnt stopped me from biking. If anything it has made me much more observant and cautious.

Dont get put off by seeing what you did. Maybe put more faith in your skills, and your PPE.

Hope this helps change ur mind innit.

CaNsA
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
WelshD1K
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by WelshD1K »

HOLEY DUCK!!!

sayign that how uch for the exhaust ?? :O
Scott221
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Post by Scott221 »

Im going to cut my loses and strip it down myself and sell it off. I've just closely inspected the bike and the damage is massive, the frame is bent, twisted and snapped, the front wheel has punctured the radiator and has pushed the rad up against the exhaust. I think the oil cooler has been punctured aswel. The engine still has oil in it so figers crossed it didn't sieze.
One life, Live it!
WelshD1K
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by WelshD1K »

btw scott serious q how much for the exhaust ?
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

That is unbelieveable, all that money and effort. Has to be said tho, none of that comes above your health so well done for staying alive!

Good luck with the insurance and all that, its a nasty business making claims (if you do) and hope it runs smoothly.
Scott221
Restricted
Restricted

Post by Scott221 »

WelshD1K wrote: btw scott serious q how much for the exhaust ?
Well the system is pretty fecked but the link pipe and exhaust are untouched. it cost me £130 so make me an offer...

Having said that. I wont touch the bike until I get the ok that I am allowed to do so from the insurers...
One life, Live it!
saka_ZXR
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400 L3

Post by saka_ZXR »

Jesus mate the bike is a wreck!

Glad to see ur okay after that one!

Nominations for zxr of the month anyone? :smt003
If it's broke spray it with WD40, if it's still broke spray it again and leave it over night, if it's still broke, bin it.
WelshD1K
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by WelshD1K »

let me know straight away ;)

about the pipe v interseted in it for link pipe and the rest are the headers stainless? etc i assume there damaged but my mate could fix it probally
MillaMeter
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: K ZXR400 L2, H Rebel 125

Post by MillaMeter »

Hi,

Woh Hucking Fell.... Glad you're ok mate, that crunch reminds me of my bros crash. Hope you win the case tho mate accidents like these should always goto the bikers side me thinks. I bet she said "sorry mate I didn't see you!" :smt011

but seriously, glad you're alright.

Regards

Rich
MillaMeter's ZXR400 Restoration Click HERE!
ZXR400s 4eva! I miss mine already :(
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

MillaMeter wrote:
"sorry mate I didn't see you!" :smt011
that is exactly what she said.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Vard66
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Coming soon; hopefully...

Post by Vard66 »

Good grief, Scott. Haven't you just finished putting this thing back together after yonks?

Really sorry to see this, dude - hope you get sorted well enough with auctioning parts off if/when the insurance company let you take it back.

And Gem - don't do that, it shook you up, but you've been riding for how long now?

Mind you, if you do, are you still in possession of that lovely 7?

winks
Vard.
Gemini
cloning technology
cloning technology
My Bike: CBR1000RR4 Fireblade

Post by Gemini »

yeah still got the 7,

gem
There's No Explanation For The Way I'm About To Behave!!!
wonderpupp
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: ZX6R P7F

Post by wonderpupp »

I had a yoshi pipe on my ZX6R when I got rear ended, didn't say it on my insurance but because it was other person's fault, insurance covered the cost of a replacement standard one (or in my case, a nice new titanium laser exhaust) Wah-Paaah!!

Phone BLD and see what they have to say. They are so good, really! [url]http://www.bldgroup.co.uk/[/url]

Just don't mention the non-standard exhaust and chances are nobody will mention it.
Get the bike to a kawasaki dealership and they will hopefully fight your side for you too, like Bournemouth Kawasaki did, with regards to the cost of repairs professionally. Or a guesstimate of HOW Much to repair at least. Then it'll be written off.

I know it's frustrating and you just want it either fixed or gone quickly, but this will take a couple of months AT LEAST to get sorted by the insurance. Not to mention how long it will take when she turns round to say it was your fault. Advantage to you: Independant motorcyclists count as valuable witnesses, but car passengers don't.

Seems you have a few witnesses to put to help your claim. You know, bikes just passing by, who happened to give their local names / addresses.
crushedlizard
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L2

Post by crushedlizard »

Gutted for you mate. You had a fine example of a ZXR. You did well to walk away from that. Probably better for you to go over the car, than to have been t-boned into the fence!

Don't let her get away with that. There is no 50/50 bullshit happening here. I don't give a toad if she was indicating and staring you in the face, she shouldn't have pulled out until it was clear.

It's not even just about mirrors; when was the last time you saw a driver do a blind spot check, by looking over their shoulder? Exactly...

Let us know what you get next!
Scott221
Restricted
Restricted

Post by Scott221 »

crushedlizard wrote:Gutted for you mate. You had a fine example of a ZXR. You did well to walk away from that. Probably better for you to go over the car, than to have been t-boned into the fence!

Don't let her get away with that. There is no 50/50 bullshit happening here. I don't give a toad if she was indicating and staring you in the face, she shouldn't have pulled out until it was clear.

Plus the fact a number of bikes had just filtered passed her doing exactley what I intended to do. ARGH! Im so gutted its untrue.
Good grief, Scott. Haven't you just finished putting this thing back together after yonks?
Yep, finished it about a month ago...
One life, Live it!