Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

jake
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

zxr rg500 owner come on here?

Post by jake »

today at oulton park was a l model zxr400 with a rg500 smoker fitted. this thing was fast, and i mean like really fast.
was wondering if he comes on here, as would love to have a look to see how he has got the thing to work.
jake
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Re: zxr rg500 owner come on here?

Post by Jamz »

Kin ell!!! :smt119

Hope they do come on here cause I think we NEEEEEEEEEEED details of that one!!! :smt004
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Didnt you go upto the guy and tell him about this place??
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

QUALITY! Loving the exhaust out of the seat unit :smt004

rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by rene »

personaly think it the engine suites the RS250 frame better...

that thing tracked around the bends like the tyers were made of super glue and put in a strate line he was keeping up with my 750 to about 140
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

Just think if the top bike manufacturers got together to create the ultimate bike, what would it be like.... what could they come up with.
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by rene »

to many accountants and green peace fans around for them to make anything decent anymore, everything has to be PC
ZXR750 L1

BikePics page-
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

VW done it with the veyron didnt they
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

The Veyron was a technical exercise, just like the NR750, they did it just to show off and see what they could do. :smt003
deviant
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by deviant »

the phrase you are looking for is "corporate willy waving" :smt002
In the garage:
Kawasaki ZXR400 L3 - shiny
Suzuki DR800 - bouncy
1978 Suzuki GS400 - PROJECT RETRO RACER!
Kawasaki GPz500S - for sale soon
Honda CG125 BR-J - in bits
z1100r

Post by z1100r »

Hi guys,
Yeah it was me....on the ZXR400 with the RD500 motor....not RG.
A brief explanation...

Why did I use a zxr400....
Because I love them to bits....because I am 5'11" and no other 400 or 250 was anywhere near big enough....because I used to race against a few on a TZ350 late 80's early 90's and saw first hand just how good a bike they are.

I was in France with the RD500 club de France at a track day and rode a Spondon RG500 on track.....superb.....really showed up how bad a stock RD500 is. I wanted one, but with an RD motor, so I rang Spondon, they never got back to me. I got to thinking ....now whats going to be as good as a Spondon....ZXR400.

Enter Ebay....and a breaker from Leeds...quick call and he was willing to take the 400 motor out of a complete bike and sell me the rest complete. I was worried that if I bought one with a motor I would be playing with the std bike and not doing my project stroker.

So I started it about end of July this year.....first outing was Cadwell September 10th....sort of shake down...but it really showed its potential.

I'd never been to Oulton Park before but my other 2-stroke buddies booked me in .....so that was the second outing on it Yesterday. It is absolutely awsome, Carbs are better sorted now and it goes really well.

The motor is tuned to produce approx 110rwhp. maybe more..but I've not dyno'd it yet....a bit more than a stock 400.

The chassis..
I wanted it to look and ride like a std zxr400....your mate on here was taking very long looks at it yesterday trying to figure out what it was. Its amazing how many folks just dismiss it as another zxr400l. I have changed nothing, I did not want to upset the original handling of the bike, I was sort of hoping the CofG of the motor and its weight would be about the same. I was lucky, the bike handles like a dream...as good as my mates Spondon. Next year it will do alot of track days.

Most of the build can be seen here:-
http://www.gareth.evans9.btinternet.co.uk/zxr500.htm
and here:-
http://www.yamaha-rd.com/forum/topic-43325.html

I have done some dodgy test bits just to get it up and running as quick as posible - to get a few days in this year. Over the winter I will finish it off proper.

Thanks for the interest..never thought about kawasaki guys being interested but as you can tell from my username I'm a Kawasaki nut and still own my original z1100r.

It was a grim old day at Oulton yesterday...but I watched with interest the ZXR400H bollocking round in the afternoon..They are a great little bike.

Cheers again
Gareth
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

good build thread, you should finish it asap so i can see the rest and the finished article lol :smt003
jake
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by jake »

howdee matey.

i thought it was a zxr when we were in the noise test line, then i heard it and thought....thats no normal zxr!
I watched ya from the pit lane, bloody quick that bike.
It was a bit of a mixed day, wet all morning and track closed for what seemed like forever due to oil slicks and a bad crash by the looks.
but dryed up in the afternoon and the dry line apeared. what a great track, first time there, awesome.
I had major clutch slipage probs on my bike, but had a great time, and my lines where getting better towards the end. feel bit more confident for the w100 race on the 20th there.

you out at oulton again this year? someone mentioned there was a cheap (60 odd quid) track day in a week or two
jake
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

Hi Gareth :smt006 thanks for popping by!! got any youtube vids :smt002 ??
i'm thinking the guy you bought the zxr400 (less motor) off is our very own fallsoffslowly??
anywayz as i said in the email any chance of copying your build over to our features page? obviously linking back to your homepage.
much appreciated and thanks again for posting
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.