Moderator: Moderators

Scott221
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Fueling issue.

Post by Scott221 »

This is how my exhaust looks...

Every single time I start the bike, it will run fine for say 10 seconds. Then it will bog down and die. If I try to start it again it just wont fire and acts exactly like its flooded. I have to use the choke to keep it running, or hold the throttle open.

If I were to take the throttle from closed to wide open in an instant, the bike would just bog down instead of revving.

When the bike is hot the revs hang a 2-2500 before returning to idle. This is also the same if I am pulling up to traffic lights. I would be braking and stopping, then pull the clutch in and the bike would rev to 2-2500 rpm and stay ther unless I did something about it.

The carbs have been balanced and dyno'd.

Any ideas?
One life, Live it!
MillaMeter
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: K ZXR400 L2, H Rebel 125

Re: Fueling issue.

Post by MillaMeter »

Hi,

I would say it's a carb issue or ignition issue.

Check all the HT caps are nice and tight on the cables and they're not leaking. Check buy starting the engine and touching the cables (you'll get a lil shock if they're leaking) wont kill ya honest. Also check the carb inlets aren't leaking with some carb cleaner. Check you're choke cable isn't sticking aswell.

Also, if you look where the ignition switch connects to the loom (big ass white connector block) unplug that and spray with WD40, known fault with the zxrs.

Just a couple of things to double check before you start ripping everything apart.

Regards

Rich
MillaMeter's ZXR400 Restoration Click HERE!
ZXR400s 4eva! I miss mine already :(
Scott221
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Re: Fueling issue.

Post by Scott221 »

I will try all of those! I'm going to get the tank and the airbox off this week and have a look at the seals. I think it may have something to do with them, I hope. I have had this problem since day 1 of owning the bike and I long for it to run smooth. I have had the carbs off in the past and the are/were spotless.
One life, Live it!