2nd hand engines

Moderator: Moderators

Rasta-ninja
My Bike: zxr 400

2nd hand engines

Post by Rasta-ninja »

So apparently my engines screwed according to my mechanic, or at least it will be if i ride it the way it is. Are there any websites or does anyone know of any spare parts places with a full zxr 400 engine?
cheers fr the help
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: 2nd hand engines

Post by cargo »

roll your dice and place your bets

just seen four on ebay.........................but one of the sellers is a telling fibs
Rasta-ninja

Post by Rasta-ninja »

yeah i've been looking at ebay and it looks pretty dodge, the bike literally sounds like a bag of nails being shook :smt010 i'm pretty sure its something top end and so do the mechanics. What parts compromise of top end, cos i thought top end was just cams and rockers....but im most probably wrong. If im considering getting a new engine i figured i might as well take this one apart to find whats wrong with it
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Theres always falloffslowly, not sure if hes still about but he was selling running engines in various conditions. Some he done the head gasket and cam chain all serviced up, will cost you a pretty penny, but you have peace of mind.
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

+1 for fallsoffslowly.

He is a decent chap, a bit odd ;) but decent never the less.
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
Rasta-ninja

Post by Rasta-ninja »

ah right sweet! i shall send him a message then. Thanks so much for the help guys, the only thing that keeps me going is my bike and now its gone im in a pretty shite mood haha