Zxr 400 33bhp restriction kit

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:59 am
My Bike: kawasaki zxr400

Zxr 400 33bhp restriction kit

Post by bibby » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:37 pm

I carnt afford my das atm but want to ride my bike so im going to do my cbt then restrict my bike so insurance wwill be valid, if i buy ones from ebay that go onto my carbs will the air/fuel mix be ok as it will be reducing airflow? May run rich? Thank you

Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:21 pm
My Bike: zxr 400 l3

Re: Zxr 400 33bhp restriction kit

Post by thomp1983 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:54 pm

you can't just do your cbt and ride a restricted zxr 400. the very least you need to do is your A2 licence which is, cbt, theory test, mod 1 on a 125cc bike and then mod 2 on a 125cc bike this will get you a A2 licence which is restricted to 33bhp for 2 years then becomes fully unrestricted, these rules change in 2013 so not long to get it all done if your going down this route. if you have experience of riding a bike and have a current cbt and your own 125cc bike then it would only cost you £120ish to do the required tests to get a A2 licence with your own bike.


Post Reply