Almost done -but need help

Moderator: Moderators

ZX_Moses
My Bike: ZXR400L

Re: Almost done -but need help

Post by ZX_Moses »

andyt109 wrote:about the stutter at 10k, mine did that, turns out the bungs on the top of the air box were missing, looked like some1 in the past had put gaffer tape there, i used roofing flashing, did the job, no stutter. bungs would probs work too!

hope that helps...
I guess it's time to take the tank off then and start fiddling with the life underneath it :(
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

this thread made me think last night there were no bungs in the top of my airbox so i put some in and now its running like crap, now the bungs stop any crap going through the carbs so i'm thinking new airfilter as the old one is a bit dirty, i'll let you know what happens. the only other things i've changed is put a new rectifier in and changed back to my original can which i swapped for a day.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Haggis
My Bike: ZRX1200s

Post by Haggis »

masterofinsanity wrote:this thread made me think last night there were no bungs in the top of my airbox so i put some in and now its running like crap, now the bungs stop any crap going through the carbs so i'm thinking new airfilter as the old one is a bit dirty, i'll let you know what happens. the only other things i've changed is put a new rectifier in and changed back to my original can which i swapped for a day.
MOT due? :smt018 :smt002
There's no substitute for cubes!
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

no mate mot'd it few weeks ago but got the chance of some race cans i've been tryin them out over the last day or so and didn't like em.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Haggis
My Bike: ZRX1200s

Post by Haggis »

masterofinsanity wrote:no mate mot'd it few weeks ago but got the chance of some race cans i've been tryin them out over the last day or so and didn't like em.
Have a giggle: Fire the bike up with NO can on! Preferably late at night or early morning. Go on: blip, blip, BLAAAAAAAA!

Muhahahahahaha!
There's no substitute for cubes!
Gemini
cloning technology
cloning technology
My Bike: CBR1000RR4 Fireblade

Post by Gemini »

he gets enough toad off the old croner next door when he's just mowing the lawn!

gem
There's No Explanation For The Way I'm About To Behave!!!
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

:smt005 too bloody right.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

she musta loved it that morning we all fired the bikes up! :twisted:
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

f*ck thats what killed her! :smt017
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

look on the bright side, you can rev the bike as loud as you like now! :smt003
parby81
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Post by parby81 »

when people are saying bungs, do they mean the two rubber bungs that are supposed to cover the two long bolts for bolting the middle of the air box to the carbs? As mine is missing both the bolts and bungs. Someone just seems to have taped them up. Can this really make that much of a difference.

As for the 10k flat spot, i had one at 8k at that was purely down to toad balancing of the carbs.
These things are sent to try us!!
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

Not sure if the bungs make much difference but they are ptherwise a shortcut for fresh air straight into the carbs and not through the filter first :smt002
jake
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by jake »

parby81 wrote:when people are saying bungs, do they mean the two rubber bungs that are supposed to cover the two long bolts for bolting the middle of the air box to the carbs? As mine is missing both the bolts and bungs. Someone just seems to have taped them up. Can this really make that much of a difference.

As for the 10k flat spot, i had one at 8k at that was purely down to toad balancing of the carbs.
aye, there the holes. Ive had it on the H model, which is bigger box and three holes instead of 2, stuttering at 10k, it will pull thru it, but you will know about it if there not covered.
Gaffa tape is even better/faster than the bungs
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

parby81 wrote:when people are saying bungs, do they mean the two rubber bungs that are supposed to cover the two long bolts for bolting the middle of the air box to the carbs? As mine is missing both the bolts and bungs. Someone just seems to have taped them up. Can this really make that much of a difference.

covered mine up an its run like crap ever since! methinks the carbs need more air and the filters blocked so ordering new filter tomoz.
parby81
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Post by parby81 »

well as said, mine was the balancing, though as for the bung holes, when people say tape them up, i'm presuming they are still bolting it down through these holes, then taping over the top. mine has a new air filter though i'm still having problems. Maybe i should try some new tape!! :smt003
These things are sent to try us!!