Need Help ... PLS !!!!!!!

Moderator: Moderators

RiderVeryFast
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Need Help ... PLS !!!!!!!

Post by RiderVeryFast »

Hi all, just got my ZXR400'L3 and it for a few days then suddenly the bike die half way. The light are still on but just cant start and i can heard a buzzing from
the rider seat. later i change a new batt and found out it doesnt charge back , die again.... :smt012

Could it be the rectifier/regulator , charging coil or fuel pump having problem??? could somebody post a pics of those 3 things pls??

Many THANKS! ! ! ! :smt020
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need Help ... PLS !!!!!!!

Post by RedexRobB »

welcome to the forum mate, defo sounds like the regulator/rectifier has gone, check it to make sure no wires are loose and its all properly connected.

If thats all ok then probably time for a new one.
RiderVeryFast

Post by RiderVeryFast »

ya time for a new regulator ... btw it is very expensive and hard to find 1 in Singapore cos ZXR400 is gonna extinct... most had been scrape or export out :smt005 feel like im riding a legend on the road :smt003
Thanks for the reply . ZXR rocks
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

Dunno where you would get one in singapore, seak to a member il4,

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=51

i believe he is from singapore he may be able to help you.

:)
BULLET

Post by BULLET »

I know this is an old post but I recently replaced my rectifier with the new upgraded one from the Kawasaki factory here in Japan. They sent it out to me in 2 days and it set me back about US$75.00... works like a charm :smt002
They also have ever part you'll ever need for all ZXR400's so if anyone gets stuck send me a message and I'll be glad to help.
Bestie
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Bestie »

you know what bullet

this is funny cos i have EXACTLY the same problem, just started for no reason, i haveto really REALLY push hard on the starter button to fire my bike up and even then, 9 times outta 10 it buzzes like an acid raver on a saturday night!

its like a real machine gun tat tat tat tat noise, and will fire but doesnt sound healthy,.....rectifier it is then!

B
zxr_oli
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Daytona 675

Post by zxr_oli »

May not be relavent, but i've noticed that my fuel pump clicks when i start the bike without the tank connected :)