been tinkering but

Moderator: Moderators

eddy
My Bike: 2000 l9 zxr400

been tinkering but

Post by eddy »

right thought id do some work on the bike and got the head polished and ported and while i was there fitted bigger jets from 95 up to 100 and a pipercross panel filter and been out and the bike is alot better but wen its in 4th 5th and 6th it gets to twelve thousand it seems to start under fueling and dies off instead would it be worth going up 102s instead or is there anything else that this could be
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: been tinkering but

Post by RedexRobB »

Not 100% sure but i think the needles start to come in at that engine speed. So an adjustment of needle heights might be whats needed. Best wait for someone who knows exactly before going ahead and trying it.
jake
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by jake »

how does it feel/sound when it gets there? do you have a good exhaust system on it
have you done anything else?
tk400
My Bike: ZXR400 , ZXR950

Post by tk400 »

what kind of head work was done. Ie how much material was removed and where. Did you change the comp ratio (deck the head). I personally would get a wide band o2 meter hooked up and see what is going on. Most dyno places have them setup and can log over the entire range and TPS. Then you will know where you are. cheers
Tk400
eddy

Post by eddy »

its got stainless headers with scorpion can on it and it feels as if it sort of cut out or ran out off fuel and not sure how much was took of the head as i didnt do it but it has made a big difference as soon as it gets passed four thousnd it flies but its just in the last few gears its funny
bengone1
My Bike: 1994 ZXR400

Post by bengone1 »

Don't forget. When you deck the head the cams get retarded giving you better top end at the expense on bottom end (exact opposite of advancing timing)
eddy

Post by eddy »

well its brilliant bottom end but funny top end and alsoforgot to mention advanced the ignition timing a bit aswell