Hey!

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

pete32232

Hey!

Post by pete32232 »

Hi i've only just found this forum!! Ive owned a 91 zxr 400 L3 in red for 5 years now i love the old thing to bits its got a full scorpian system KnN airfilter and a dynojet jet kit but it needs to go be set up on the rolling road.
But about a year ago it started thowing the coolent out of the overflow, i took to many garages and they never fixed it just took loads of money replacing other items :smt011 so i gave up on it an it sat in the shed.

Im convinced its the head gasket and its bout time i fixed it, im gonna do it myself ive worked on cars and a few bikes before an found the information on here really helpfull, ive already started stripping it!! :smt003

where abouts can i get the gaskets from??

many thanks pete
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

hello pete and welcome to the forum. Pissing out coolant usually means its overheating, what does the temperature gauge say? Chances are its the head gasket especially if its done 20K miles or more.

you can get gaskets at any good kawasaki dealer, Cradley Kawasaki is a popular dealer on here :smt001
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

hi pete welcome to the forum, glad you found us (finally) we're a helpful bunch here and if there is any info you need and it aint here i'll make sure it gets put on here.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
zxr400@prodigy
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by zxr400@prodigy »

hey pete just on with my head gasket av put it back together and the fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooker wnt go and i am a mechanic :smt017 so good luck mate let us no how you do.
U wish ur car looked as good as my bike dnt u!