Hello All

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

Mousey
My Bike: tomos moped

Hello All

Post by Mousey »

Hi all Just got a zxr 400 (J reg) its a bit tatty but go's ok did have a zx6r j1 untill about 4 weeks ago but had to sell it because of me being off work due to an off (not my fault honest :smt011 ). If anyone lives up north and can balance my carbs i will for ever be in your debt well not for ever just till we get down the pub but you get the idea :smt002
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

welcome to the forum mousey, got any pics of the bike? :smt001
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

hi welcome to the forum mate, post some pics of the bike, as for carb balancing check out this feature by RobB http://www.zxrworld.co.uk/zxr400/balancing.html
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Northern ANdy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Unique ZXR400

Post by Northern ANdy »

hey there. where are you in merseyside? in the wirral myself
Andy
Mousey

Post by Mousey »

Am from Prescot m8, getting carbs balanced buy a local bike garage £20 seems ok taking it in on tuesday. God i love the bike cos its light be it lacks power to my zx6r think will keep it for the summer then back to the 600s it is for me :smt020
diesel
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Zx7r

Post by diesel »

doesnt lack power. just riders lack the brass ones to whup all others. ( me included :smt010
Quicker Than Yngwie

Mousey

Post by Mousey »

Diesel am far from the best rider but my j1 to this zxr400 are miles apart in the power stakes even in just general overtaking you have to think far more about it or you end up 6 feet under in a box. Am not at all saying the 400 is a bad bike if anything its better then the bigger bikes as it makes you ride better (try harder) but lets not fook about here it lacks power for everyday riding as in over taking taking the piss out of scoobys :smt002
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

I think you can pull off faster than the bigger bikes cos you can fully gas it from the word off without the problem of the front end comin up, but sadly it dont take long befor the larger machines take over you. (unless there is a series of bends ahead)
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things