Ey up

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

olionel
My Bike: 98' ZXR400

Ey up

Post by olionel »

Hello;
Im Oli, posted here a few times now but havent done the "intro" bit. Im an undergrad at the uni of manchester doing electrical and electronics engineering. Its frigging hard and Im starting to hate it. Its just not practical enough.. too much theory.. and programming.. anyways. Ye Ive had my zxr for about a month now, bought it for £2.1K its a 1998 model with genuine 4K miles on it. I am really happy with it. Altho I managed to throw it down the road last week due to panicking about hitting this old pedestrian (who literally jumped in formt of me) and I grabbed the brakes and did the shittes emergency stop ever (inexperience is the blame) and now I have nicely scratched panels. Ah well thats it.
Thanks!
Oli
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Welcome mate, im doing Digital Communication and Electronics at the University of Hertfordshire, if your in your first year and its hard wait till the second! I hate programming too, I take it your doing some basic C? Wait till you get to the Motorolla 68K stuff, and you gotta use assembly language and theres all sorts to consider with that bloody thing while programming it!

How you getting on with the maths? Never was my strong point and always struggle a bit with it, but the maths we ha to do this year (2nd yr) Fourier Series for Communications was just crazy!

You'll get the bike sorted, just ride the thing, get more experience that way :D
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

welcome to the zxr400 world, nice buy by the sounds of it.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
olionel

Post by olionel »

RobB wrote:Welcome mate, im doing Digital Communication and Electronics at the University of Hertfordshire, if your in your first year and its hard wait till the second! I hate programming too, I take it your doing some basic C? Wait till you get to the Motorolla 68K stuff, and you gotta use assembly language and theres all sorts to consider with that bloody thing while programming it!

How you getting on with the maths? Never was my strong point and always struggle a bit with it, but the maths we ha to do this year (2nd yr) Fourier Series for Communications was just crazy!

You'll get the bike sorted, just ride the thing, get more experience that way :D
hehe, Im in my 2nd year mate, and weve been doing, Java, C, Assembly, VHDL (Xylinx) and Matlab... its just like.. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and I hate most of it. Erm maths is ok done all that fourier, laplace etc etc, its quite sad but I quite like maths. We're done with seperate maths modules now tho, its all built in to our other modules. Ah well... Ill get through it. Hopefully.
Thanks!
Oli
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

Yeah same, all done with the maths modules, havent done any Java tho. VHDL i covered at college and absolutely love it! MATLAB is cool :)

I love EZPLOT! :smt003

Are you going for a placement year at all? Been trying all year to get one, had an interview at the home office scientific development branch but cocked up the interview and not had any response form anywhere since!
olionel

Post by olionel »

RobB wrote:Yeah same, all done with the maths modules, havent done any Java tho. VHDL i covered at college and absolutely love it! MATLAB is cool :)

I love EZPLOT! :smt003

Are you going for a placement year at all? Been trying all year to get one, had an interview at the home office scientific development branch but cocked up the interview and not had any response form anywhere since!
well I did a year out before uni, at a forging firms maintenance departmant, was ace. Spent my year with the sparkies and the fitters, sort of wished I did an apperenticeship but then Idve regretted not goin to uni. After that placement I wanted to change to mechanical engineering but the school didnt let me. Ah well, Im gona see this through. Ye I love VHDL quite a bit actually, and assembly isnt too bad... its all tha java, and c (the higher level stuff, that boggles me, and dude trust me java is a pile of w*nk, its just.. sooo stupid). Im just sticking to summer placements now did one last summer, still havent found one for this summer though, was too late with my applications due inhuman amounts of work that was given...
Thanks!
Oli
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

Been considering changing courses, but i spent 7 years at college doing a C+G, a ND and then a HND in electronics. Im a bit dissapointed in my course, i thought we would be doing more ASIC design and more Digital Design but its mainly 68k shitcand a load of maths to boot boot the theory of comms. Done some control systems stuff which ive always found interesting, nearly went to Liverpool uni to do that instead of electonics but its just too far from home and i dont like the accent :smt005