Hellooooo

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

billy big skid

Hellooooo

Post by billy big skid »

Hi. the name's Allan. I live near Huddersfield and race a ZXR400L1 With NEMCRC and Darley Moor MC. I'm always on the lookout for good mods etc. So i thought i'd check out your site.

The bike is tuned but only to 74 BHP but the internals have been lightened so it spins up pretty quick, it's got Kent cams in as well, sounds well nice. It's got full Maxton suspension and ram air kit with flatslide carbs, also 2002 fireblade brake calipers with a CBR600 master cylinder.

I love it to bits. :smt003 :smt004
gubbs
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZZR1100C3

Re: Hellooooo

Post by gubbs »

I bet you do!

If only I knew where you lived, I would too!

:smt016

How much that lot cost you? Kent cams never come up second hand. :(
zxr400 h2 (breaking)
zzr1100c3 (broken)
Vespa et4 (almost broken)

My FleaBay

"Save the planet, eat a vegan .." - Clarkson
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

hello nilly big skid, welcome to my world! sounds like you got a nice bike there mate, hope we'll see some pics ???
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

welcome matey, we wanna see pics!!! :smt016
mycallsevern
My Bike: ZXR400 L3 UK spec

Post by mycallsevern »

Yes pictures please!!!!!!!
Rubber side down, rubber side down, rubber side down.
billy big skid

Post by billy big skid »

OK, firstly sorry for the late reply, i've been to Oliver's Mount, Scarborough, to watch the Cock of the north races.

I'll sort out some pictures soon, i promise. I just need to find the disc they are on. The bike was bought as it is, it's cheaper than building one, it cost three grand to buy but i got:-

The bike
front and back paddock stands
Tyre warmers
Spare Engine, gearbox, forks & shock, four spare wheels, two of them with full wet tyres on, spare head and barrels and loads of other bits and bobs.

The bike itself has carbon bodywork, full Maxton suspension rig, ram air kit, flatslide carbs and a full Micron race system. The engine has been reworked and everything lightened and balanced, the head has been gasflowed and ported, it is running total loss ignition and the starter has been removed. It's running 2002 Honda fireblade brake calipers with a CBR600 master cylinder and ZX6R discs the rear wheel is a slightly wider ZX6 item but i'm thinking of putting the OE back wheel in it so it turns quicker. I was told that it cost the thick end of 13 grand to build but i've no proof of that. I do have proof that it was used at the TT by Mike Hose,i think it was 2002 but dunno without looking. If any of you live near Croft circuit i'll be there on the 28/29 of this month so come and say hello.

Oh, and my main road bike is a ZX7R with a ZX9 engine in it. Mental!
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

foke me you got that all for 1k !! thats the bargin of the year

Sounds a lovely bike!
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/
billy big skid

Post by billy big skid »

No it cost £3K. Here's me at Cadwell, i normally run No.73 but some rotten swine had blagged it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

i think you need to work on your riding postion :smt016
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/
billy big skid

Post by billy big skid »

LOL!

You really do have to get the weight over the front to keep it down. However, if you are posing you just sit back and wheelie like fook!