17 yer old needs a bit of advise

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

martrs

17 yer old needs a bit of advise

Post by martrs »

hey all im 17 and im thinking of getting the zxr 400 for my 1st bike wot u fink of restricting them????? is it a sensible idea for a 17 year old to get 1 for there 1st or not lol and what sort of top speed would a restricted 1 get. fanx mart
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: 17 yer old needs a bit of advise

Post by masterofinsanity »

hi mart, as said in the other thread you should get 110mph out of a restricted zxr, welcome to the forum and if you look in the faqs section you'll see all you need to know about restrictors.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
CarneyUK

Post by CarneyUK »

Welcome to the forum Martrs :smt006

Make sure you check out your other thread. I've added a link to a vid which will give you some ideas!!
martrs

Post by martrs »

hey i cant find anything in the faqs about the restrictors could some1 point me in the right direction please
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

i 50cc moped at 16, i think passed my test 3 days after my 17th b'day and rode and zxr400 unrestricted for a year and a haf

End of the day throtal works both ways, if you think you wont beable to control yourself then get a cbr 125 untill you learn to
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/