Howdy

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

I dont think latest line up of kwaks are that good looking, does anyone else think that? The gixxers are chavs bikes (present company excepted Baz ;) ) and everyone has got one. The R6 is nice but not a fan of Yams.

The triumph however, tasty as f***, goes as well as the others, it handles and sounds the fookin nuts!!!
MonkeyBusiness
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by MonkeyBusiness »

Well Superman. My unbiased opinion is, yes the Triumph is the best 600 available at the moment :smt003 . It has the best overall power delivery. The triple gives the best of both worlds i.e. the low-down torque of a twin, but the high-revving capability of a four. The power is very linear, which makes it extremely useable on a track. I am not the only person that believes this. Read the below article:

Daytona 675 scoops International Bike of the Year!

Being selected as just one magazine’s Bike of the Year is a very worthwhile achievement, but when 15 of the world’s leading motorcycle publications vote your product the finest new bike of the year by an outstanding margin you know you’ve done things very right. This year’s International Bike of the Year (IBOTY) competition saw the Triumph Daytona 675 come home in top-spot with 26 votes – more than double the 11 scored by the second-placed Yamaha YZF-R6.
Ride it like you stole it!
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

oh, yeah, it got bike of the year too! :smt003
MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness »

I quite like the new ZX6 in the metallic orange, but I think they should have kept the bigger 636cc capacity. When compared to the 675, the new ZX6 doesn't have the low-down torgue, which I would miss.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

Yeah that orange colour is tasty, "you know when youve been tango'd" :lol:
MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness »

Oops! I just realised that I did not put a picture of my ZXR in the post when I first introduced myself!

Here it is!

Do you think it will make a difference to the performance if I block up the hose holes in the top of the tank?
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

its wicked mate!!! :smt003
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

Oh thats tasty mate! Looks better than whats in another thread with a ZX10 body kit on it, but then i reckon it would look just as good as yours with some work.

Should be ok with blocking up the holes, i think most of the racers block em up but they are usually running a ram air system. Not entirely sure what thier purpose is, some say its extra air for the air box, ive also heard its additional cooling for the head.
MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness »

Thanks Guys. There are still a lot of things I want to do to it, but this will have to happen over time. As I am not very mechanically gifted, one of the reasons for buying the bike was to teach myself by working on it.

If I did install a Ram air system, what else would I need to change? I have read that I may need to resize the jets? If so, what size? Anything else?
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

As far as im aware you will definately need to change the jets, also need another airbox which i have seen on ebay a few times, plus you might need to get the radiator modified. The air scoop comes out below the headstock and part of the rad needs cutting out, the scoop them routes to underneath the front fairing on a standard bike, but you could possibly route it to the airscoop on the ZX10 fairing if there is no room underneath. The racers know far more about what need doing for this than me but those are the basics.
Bozzie
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Bozzie »

another factor when your young like me looking at future bikes. Insurance companys like the word triumph. Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, and especially Kawasaki cost alot more to insure. when i was looking at quotes for 600s next year in that class the triumph was the cheapest, then suzuki, yamaha, honda and lats kawasaki.
MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness »

Well Bozzie, I should be fine them, because I'm old (34) :smt002 Also, I have a Triumph, Kawasaki, and two Honda's on my insurance, so I have all the angle's covered :smt003
deviant
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by deviant »

you got any pictures of the 675 post baboon?
In the garage:
Kawasaki ZXR400 L3 - shiny
Suzuki DR800 - bouncy
1978 Suzuki GS400 - PROJECT RETRO RACER!
Kawasaki GPz500S - for sale soon
Honda CG125 BR-J - in bits
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

why are kwaks the worst to insure, i would of thought yamo's an hondas were the worst but still.
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

Cos all kwak riders are mentalists :smt119