hiya guys

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

petchickens
My Bike: 1994 zx4r

hiya guys

Post by petchickens »

hiya fellas and ladys im a proud owner of a zx4r 1994 i think .beautiful bike problem is well lets say problems ...1st what exhaust will fit on i just need a slip-on 2nd where on the earth can i find original fairing kit my girls looking abit rough at the moment but shouldnt be long before she looks like she did in the 90's

an amazing forum guys and love the bikes could nurse a semi over them beautys :smt007
"good" is a matter of opinion...its a 90's bike...styling is purely up to you, but its a nice bike, dont make it look like some wannabe-toad-looking-need-for-speed-ricer-pile-of-crap...
R P Corse
CBT slow
CBT slow
My Bike: ZXR400 H1

Re: hiya guys

Post by R P Corse »

Hi and welcome!

1st - Pretty much any can will fit providing the bore is the same size as each other - 52mm I believe? Unless you have micron serpant headers which is 63mm? Someone please confirm the sizes!

2nd - HC Racetech is your best bet for new fairing
petchickens

Post by petchickens »

cheers for the info pal

ill see what size it is and if i can upload a photo

and what kind of price are they im going to have alittle look now

thanks again
clint
"good" is a matter of opinion...its a 90's bike...styling is purely up to you, but its a nice bike, dont make it look like some wannabe-toad-looking-need-for-speed-ricer-pile-of-crap...
R P Corse
CBT slow
CBT slow

Post by R P Corse »

no idea mate, ive always looked at making my own can, www.pj-engineering.co.uk
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

BigB wrote:Hi and welcome!

1st - Pretty much any can will fit providing the bore is the same size as each other - 52mm I believe? Unless you have micron serpant headers which is 63mm? Someone please confirm the sizes!

IIRC original headers require a can with a 51mm internal bore...
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
petchickens

Post by petchickens »

update ...
second hand exhaust sourced and fitting £30

set of pads and fitting £20

front and rear indercaters £20 (still need fitting )

fuel tank £40 ( picking up friday)

next is too sand and preb the panels and new tank for paint

question i got for you lot ....keep it as standard as i can apart from fresh paint or do i go down the route of custom paint job (not OTT) aftermarket parts ? just abit muddled on what to do ill be getting up to date brakes etc anyway any ideas , tips good or bad welcome

thanks
clint
R P Corse
CBT slow
CBT slow

Post by R P Corse »

banner001 wrote:
BigB wrote:Hi and welcome!

IIRC original headers require a can with a 51mm internal bore...
Ah! 1mm out lol thanks for that, really should get a vernier gauge!
R P Corse
CBT slow
CBT slow

Post by R P Corse »

Keep her looking standard if you plan on reselling her in the future!
petchickens

Post by petchickens »

looking standard but with the mod-cons ie.brembo's ,arrow full system and just scrub the sh*t out of it all
R P Corse
CBT slow
CBT slow

Post by R P Corse »

Arrow systems - you came from an RS125 by any chance? Lol

You won't find an arrow system for a zxr 400, BEET or MHP are the ones to go for, you can get an end can to fit to the downpipes by Arrow though, Arrows old yellow carbon Kevlar mmmmmmm!!!

As for brembos, hard to come by, though I'm pretty sure SV650 and SRAD600/750 calipers will fit - they use the same brake pads I know that much, Mori Man has a set of brembos on his ZXR
petchickens

Post by petchickens »

BigB wrote:Arrow systems - you came from an RS125 by any chance? Lol

You won't find an arrow system for a zxr 400, BEET or MHP are the ones to go for, you can get an end can to fit to the downpipes by Arrow though, Arrows old yellow carbon Kevlar mmmmmmm!!!

As for brembos, hard to come by, though I'm pretty sure SV650 and SRAD600/750 calipers will fit - they use the same brake pads I know that much, Mori Man has a set of brembos on his ZXR

hahaha no i didnt mate off the top of my head had a cagiva mito ,hyosung gt125r(still got) ermm a few rs250's then came across the zxr4 (in love with) i was thinking arrow as i like the look of the arrow gp but wouldnt but it on a zxr4 ....you say about MHP or beet would i be best getting the full system or slip on or wouldnt it make much difference ? sorry for all the questions the zxr needs some TLC and always been the kinda guy never do anything half hearted ..right brakes so standard sv655 or srads calipers will fit ,ill have a look and see how much it cost

one more thing ......forks and shocks as i am doing the brakes and exhaust system would it be best too get some better folks and shock or are they standard one's ok been reading as much as i can (when im not working full time or doing uni course work ) people have been saying about R6 folks or ZX6R folks if these are better what ''reg'' could i use and again would it make much difference

again sorry for all the questions mate
R P Corse
CBT slow
CBT slow

Post by R P Corse »

Mmmmmmm RS250! Would happily sell a left kidney and right nut for one of them in race trim!!

Double check the calipers first, as said they use the same brake pads - well they do in the H model, get the code from the L model brake pads as they are different to the H and cross reference it, that in theory should give you your answer! I'm pretty certain the H and L calipers will fit on each others forks, H code is FA158, L is FA180? Can't remember as I've ordered them before by accident lead to believe they were for my bike!

MHP and BEET systems are the more known ones to add power, expensive but look and sound beautiful, I have BEET ... Well did lol my headers have started to rust bad and far from being able to be repaired and my end can fell off n got run over by a lorry :( lol I spoke to JAP4Perfomance recently about a 35mm MHP system, he said he will get a price for me today - will let you know how much, BEET system is ridiculous money but in oh so sweet titanium mmmmmmmm

Standard forks are great, they'd benefit more if you give them new springs, fresh fluid and seals too, get them properly cleaned up and set them up for YOUR riding and weight, they'd be fucking amazing, as for the rear shock, bin it, get a new one, Ohlins are about on the net, look for a decent second hand one - eBay is your best bet, or start doing the cross reference thing, find the part number and see which bike shares said shock!
petchickens

Post by petchickens »

BigB wrote:Mmmmmmm RS250! Would happily sell a left kidney and right nut for one of them in race trim!!

Double check the calipers first, as said they use the same brake pads - well they do in the H model, get the code from the L model brake pads as they are different to the H and cross reference it, that in theory should give you your answer! I'm pretty certain the H and L calipers will fit on each others forks, H code is FA158, L is FA180? Can't remember as I've ordered them before by accident lead to believe they were for my bike!

MHP and BEET systems are the more known ones to add power, expensive but look and sound beautiful, I have BEET ... Well did lol my headers have started to rust bad and far from being able to be repaired and my end can fell off n got run over by a lorry :( lol I spoke to JAP4Perfomance recently about a 35mm MHP system, he said he will get a price for me today - will let you know how much, BEET system is ridiculous money but in oh so sweet titanium mmmmmmmm

Standard forks are great, they'd benefit more if you give them new springs, fresh fluid and seals too, get them properly cleaned up and set them up for YOUR riding and weight, they'd be fucking amazing, as for the rear shock, bin it, get a new one, Ohlins are about on the net, look for a decent second hand one - eBay is your best bet, or start doing the cross reference thing, find the part number and see which bike shares said shock!

bigB you ARE the man a real big help and yeahhhhhhh the rs250 i had 3 first one was ok just didnt feel right got rid later fount out the bike was a write off 2nd well that was amazingly nice first ''big'' bike whooped all my mates mito's and runners (not the 180bore out hmmm tasty) i felt like the king hahaha but as i lost my job and started not to give a damn i sold it and went off on a bender :smt017 missed it so much i got another and again couldnt be arsed with working so couldnt afford to keep it running so it went ......i think if i fount another in mint con and i knew it hasnt been thrashed id buy it semi on just thinking about it :wanker biggrin

and yeah if you could let me know how much that would be great also theres no point in buying something i dont really want sounds like sh*t looks like sh*t and after X amount of miles id have to change it cause the kid in the chinese factory shed didnt have his corn flakes and didnt weld it right best i just stick to a well known type and go from there and as i speak im checking ebay for fork seals+fork fluid and what do you mean by new springs ? and about the part number how will i know what my part number is? sorry for the duff questions mate just abit confused (simple minds like simple things lol )
R P Corse
CBT slow
CBT slow

Post by R P Corse »

Love the RS250's, my local aprilia dealer have one on display, been there 4years, won't sell it and I even offered to suck the mans dick lol jealous that you've owned 3! But I'll only get one as a toy, more restoration I think! In a few years maybe.

Not heard anything from J4P yet, but part numbers you'll have to have a look at the microfiches and see from there, I've not actually done it myself as not had the time too, but seemed to work for brake discs for me - H1 discs are the same as the ZX6R and a few others etc... I'd imagine the process is the same for shocks!

As for springs, over time springs lose their stiffness due to usage and other riders weights, me for example, I'm 18stone and the way I ride I could benefit from new fork springs!
R P Corse
CBT slow
CBT slow

Post by R P Corse »

Price for MHP as follows

35mm system no can £990.00
35mm system with ali can £1040.00
35 mm system with ti can £1185.00

32mm system no can £725.00
32mm system with ali can £805.00