new zxr owner

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

dc1989
My Bike: kawasaki zxr400

new zxr owner

Post by dc1989 »

hi guys. ive had my zxr400 for 3 months now, and i love it.
its a black, purple and pink, 1993 L3. in pretty damn good condition, with only a few scratches on the body. the wheels have peeled, and the left side engine cover too, but thats an easy fix.

i had it put on the dyno a week after i got it, and with a cracked manifold with a big hole in it, and in bad need of a service, the bike made 60HP.
the exhaust has been replaced now, and its been serviced properly too, just waiting to balance the carbs and then it;ll be all sorted, and going back on the dyno. hoping for 62HP or so :)

the rear shock has gone a bit toad, but i do have a replacement. the original is going to be rebuilt and put back on, keeping the bike 100% original.
i need to set the bike up for me too, as its set up for a 16 stone woman at the moment lol. and im an 11 stone dude.

so far ive spent £2000 and im really happy with the bike.
i just need to improve my riding and confidence now, and ride the bike to its potential, which is way better than my skill level right now.

hoping to meet up for ride outs or something one day, ive never seen another zxr on the road here in st helens, so it'd be cool to see a few of them :)

i'll upload some pics soon too.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: new zxr owner

Post by masterofinsanity »

welcome to zxrworld!! post some pics of her then :-)
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
dc1989

Post by dc1989 »

masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

nice, i had a zxr750 in similar colours
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
dc1989

Post by dc1989 »

I've seen a 750 just like my 400, but never seen another 400 the same, in person yet.
I love the bike though, the colours are kinda funky, but I love em.....the pink may be a bit much for some though I guess lol.