Noobie Intro

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Noobie Intro

Post by Mori Man »

Hi Folks,

Hope you don't mind me joining in and thought an intro would help ease the initiation ceremoney :smt033 :smt042

I've lived out here for 5yrs now and if your into 400's it's "Hog's heaven" :smt007

I have had a variety of bikes through the years and most of them being Kawasaki's - Green blood you know! :smt002

My last bike in Blighty was a GPX750R in Kwak Green an H1, so i found it mighty strange to have a passion for the 400 I got here - but it does perform as well as my old GPz600R and I am sure it would give it a good kick up the butt :smt098

Sorry, it's not a ZXR but a ZRX! Right letters just the wrong way round :smt017

So what am I doing here then, well - I have just bought a ZXR400 USD conversion for it along with a front and back wheel :smt032 , this will give me a 17" set-up and allow a better selection of sticky rubber :smt003 . The USD's require an overhaul and I have just got the full kit to do it but have no experience in stripping this kind of fork ( 26yrs into bikes and even had my own workshop and this is my first time!).

I will not ask the zillion questions here and just keep this as a - "Pleased to meet you all" post.

Here is a recent pic of my bike - I now have a "Bulldog" Ti system on it which is freakin loud :smt003

Hope to get to know a few of you and as my ZRXZXR project develops I hope I can also add to the site :smt001

Be safe, but do it fast :smt003

Tried posting some photos but got the "spammer" message which I fully understand so will try again over the next few days. The USD's arrive tomorrow so will give me some time to get better photos of them.....Later

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Welcome to the forum matey, your the 2nd english user (as far as im aware) from Japan. Hope we can sort ya forks out for yas!

You have a PM for your pics :)
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Photos

Post by Mori Man »

Top man :smt023
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

As ive said nice bike!

Wouldnt mind a ZRX, theres one near me for sale at an import dealers called Bats, they got a tricked up ZRX you might be interested looking at? Pricey however!

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/de ... 3277787034
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

hello and welcome :smt006 good front end conversion, so you'll be doin a build thread then? well done RobB i take it you sorted the newcomers pics yet again?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

I sure did :smt001

I like helping new people :smt120