Newbie saying Hello

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

SpaceMonkey

Newbie saying Hello

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Morning Bike Fans,

Thought I'd say hello.

I'm currently looking to do my DAS with a few friends & guess what I would like as my first big bike? ;)

I'm actually doing the "Knowledge" of London to become a black taxi driver & riding a 56 plate Honda Dylan as a commuter which has been my first experience on two wheels.
So far so good, had a couple of niggles with it, but due to warranty it was put right by Honda.

A member of my family used to ride bikes alot & even @ competitive levels @ times & has been going on about jumping on a 600, but after having a nose round some shops @ the weekend, the 600s look huge.
Luckily enough one of the guys in the shops had a RVF400 NC30 which looked the perfect size for my first big bike.

After doing some reading I really fancy a ZXR400.
Seems like it'll be a great bike to learn how to ride properly & take it from there.

Been having a nose & seems there are still some very decent L9's out there with minmal mileage for a snip under 3K which is probably what I'll be looking @ tbh. Won't be for a couple of months, but going to be lurking round the forums doing some reading & no doubt asking plenty of annoying questions.

Just wanna say thanks in advance for your patience.....lol
Nice site btw guys & girls.

Lee
SpaceMonkey AKA Lee
Annoying Noob
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: Newbie saying Hello

Post by masterofinsanity »

A big welcome from me, nice to see you've decided to go for the zxr, there's been a couple L9s floating around for £1500 and the likes, check out the sales section and ask away. :smt006
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
SpaceMonkey

Post by SpaceMonkey »

masterofinsanity wrote:A big welcome from me, nice to see you've decided to go for the zxr, there's been a couple L9s floating around for £1500 and the likes, check out the sales section and ask away. :smt006
Thanks for the warm welcome ;)

The ZXR seems perfect for my needs tbh.
Small, light(ish), good & well telegraphed handling & will probably frighten me in a straight line.

£1500 for a L9? :O CHRIST!!! Thats very cheap!!!
When I go eventually get round to buying a ZXR I will probably have a budget of 3K & will want the best, cleanest, lowest mileage bike I can lay my mitts on. I'm very anal about keeping my car clean & already buttered up a detailer friend to give the bike the once over when I get one.
SpaceMonkey AKA Lee
Annoying Noob
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

for 3k you should be able to get the best there is available.happy searching
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

you'll strugel to even spend 3k on one there just not that expensive!

you can pic up a mint L1 easy dosent really need to be a newer one to have been well looked after

You'll love it once you've got her amazing little bikes
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Welcome mate, 3K is a big budget for a ZXR but if you can find a really new one youll be able to afford it easily. Paul Dedman motorcycles on the isle of man has 2 new ZXR's with 0 miles, 5K to you sir!
SpaceMonkey

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Again...thanks for the welcome messages.

I understand 3K is a big budget for a ZXR, but would like to buy the best I can.
It'll be with me for @ least a couple of years.
If I get change from 3K then great, but if I bag the right bike then I won't grumble.

Just gotta get the DAS done & start looking :smt003
SpaceMonkey AKA Lee
Annoying Noob