How to start

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Saints

How to start

Post by Saints »

Hey Guys,

I've thinking of going into racing next year and was just wondering what that best club/class is to get started? Money will be an issue so is there a 400 class that has only limited mods so costs could be kept down?

Cheers
JERIATRIC RACER
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by JERIATRIC RACER »

Just find your local club do your course for your licence and get amongst it someone at the club or the meetings will be able to answer any problems you have good bunch of lads in the 400s :smt003
murray#36

Re: How to start

Post by murray#36 »

The KDMC that run meetings at knockhill run a production 400 class. With controlled tyres with a bit of a discount [£140 a set] no wets. It makes for close racing an full grids. Theres also a set of tyres up for grabs at each meeting.
jake
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by jake »

Sounds good that, what tyres ae they mate?
if they are racetecs/sc pro's or even 209rr i might join the club for my tyres!
murray#36

Post by murray#36 »

The tyres that you must use are Pirelli diablos. thats how there £140. From Strathearn tyres. They'r not the stickiest of tyres. But you get good milage out of them even on track. An everyone is in the same boat. There not to bad in the wet for a road tyre. An also when the clouds come. no need to mess about changing wheels.