UK Racers; what sort of valves are you running?

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Feral1

UK Racers; what sort of valves are you running?

Post by Feral1 »

Hey guys,

A question from a ZXR400L6 racer in New Zealand. What sort of valves are you running? Factory Kawasaki Valves? Anything trick? Aftermarket?. If something out of the ordinary, what is it?

Regards
Eric
Ballsout Racing
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: UK Racers; what sort of valves are you running?

Post by Ballsout Racing »

Most top spec engines run one peice stainless valves. They don't stretch(negating constant clearance checking), and are stronger apparently :smt001
Feral1

Post by Feral1 »

Hey thanks Balls out, for that piece of advice.
Do you know where they get them. Do they make em out of a blank valve or is there someone in the UK who does them as a full set?

If so, do you know who, contact email or web address.

Thanks buddy
Eric

P.S. anyone use Titanium as well?
Ballsout Racing
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Ballsout Racing »

I'm afraid that I don't know where they come from, but if you contact Dynotech on 01256 881711 they can supply them or may even tell you where to get them from. They don't really use email, but as you're on the other side of the world, if you can't phone, you could try contacting here: http://www.ediasia.com/moto/gb/dynotech ... ville_Ball

Otherwise, maybe someone else will come along that can point you in the right direction.

Good Luck

Greville
noelb
My Bike: ZXR4H , H'Berg , BMW R12S

Post by noelb »

I'm in Ireland so can't tell you the people in England for valves but I know there are a few - most aftermarket ones are stainless one piece affairs - the standard are 2 pieces welded and if you up the revs (relatively common race mod) they can came apart and you can picture the rest!

Cheers
Noel B.
bikesdelsol

Post by bikesdelsol »

Feral1 wrote:Hey thanks Balls out, for that piece of advice.
Do you know where they get them. Do they make em out of a blank valve or is there someone in the UK who does them as a full set?

If so, do you know who, contact email or web address.

Thanks buddy
Eric

P.S. anyone use Titanium as well?
I used to race a ZXR400 Early L model with SP bits fitted. Had stainless valves fitted and they were from a place in Nottingham called R E C cant remember any other details except they were about £320 a set. I had many good years of racing mine and it never blew up or dropped a valve. God I miss my old race bike its one bike I wish I had never sold:(