440 conversion

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

kwackers

440 conversion

Post by kwackers »

Can anyone tell me if the TTS 440 conversion is compatible with the H model barrels, they reckon their pistons are only for the L model :smt023 :smt023 Cheers
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: 440 conversion

Post by masterofinsanity »

H1 or H2 model?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

I think it's H1 but am not sure how to identify them. There is a KH1 stamped on one of the crank cases and the engine number is ZX400GE01008 if that's any help. Thanks for the swift reply and the awesome site. Cheers :smt001
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

have a look here to try and help you identify it. viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3612 a lot of people here say the engines are the same and interchangeable with the L so may be an idea to get a L model and update it to the 444cc.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

Cool thanks for the advice
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

engines are the same as far as the conversion goes.. btw, the tts kit is just 4 piston kits.. then you have to pay for the rebore and pay again to modify the headgasket and again to have someone put it together..

personally, i'd try and source the pistons direct from JE pistons..

TTS prices are negotiable though, as its all been sat on their shelves for ages so id certainly recommend going to see them or phoning instead of just buying online.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

Thanks for the advice, all advice is welcome, I can't visit TTS as I live in New Zealand, the bike is currently being raced as a Post Classic bike in NZ. As I am old and born again ( and not too slim any more 85kg) any help I can get is good news. any other tweaks would be welcome, Cheers :smt002