Maybe another reason for hot start problems ???

Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Maybe another reason for hot start problems ???

Post by Mori Man »

Both my ZXR's with full length cans on ( free flow ) have never had problems starting up hot or cold , the M1 is marginally better than the J as it catches on first dab of the button.

So, I've been working on my ZRX - it's being neglected with working on the M1 and using the RG as my daily hack.

I've fitted up the carbon can that was on the J but the link pipe doesn't slide deep enough into it and fixing was wobbly. As a quick bodge I prized the outer baffle away from the can cap so the link pipe could slip between it and get a better fixing :smt003

All worked well for just a temporary job :smt002

However , once warm the bike is an utter cow to start :smt009 It takes almost full throttle to get it to catch where it used to just fire up on the button. so giving the free flow system a slight restriction at the can has created this problem shocking

So I was wondering if folks on the ZXR experiencing the same thing have tampered with or have exhaust systems that have been modified from original design ?

Having never run the bikes with OEM systems on them I can't make a comparison to that but pretty sure the J was difficult to start with the MotoGP can on it - not that I removed it for that reason just it was too darn loud for road use :smt020

:smt017
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Re: Maybe another reason for hot start problems ???

Post by CaNsA »

I had some hot/warm start probs with the 1st zxr400 i owned a few years back. I got round it by fully opening the throttle and slowy rolling it off over about 5secs, then the bike would fire up straight away.

I've not had any starting probs with this one, the one i bought off martin a couple of years back.

Its a funky thing :/
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
R P Corse
CBT slow
CBT slow
My Bike: ZXR400 H1

Re: Maybe another reason for hot start problems ???

Post by R P Corse »

The only hot start problems I've had are down to the battery and reg/rec...

As a thought.... What about using colder spark plugs? Surely that would help a little? CR10EK or something like that?